August 17, 2012

Scammer Alert! Warning to all Dragon Nest Players

I have received an email from someone who claims to be from Cherry Credits, stating that in order to decrease the lag in-game, I would have to give them my account details or else my account would be deemed inactive and therefore would get deleted.

Fortunately, I am smarter than I look.

Here's a screenshot of the email:


First off, GMs would never ask for any player's account details. Why? Because they don't need to. They have a database for that. They don't even need to send out emails to know which accounts are inactive because that would appear in player logs.

Second, why even bother asking for my "registered email address"? If you really are from Cherry Credits, the only email address you would know would be my registered email address, nothing more, nothing less.

Third, Cherry Credits does not use @gmail.com as their email address. They use "@cherrycredits.com". Good luck registering an email in their site.

Lastly, any mass account deletion would have been announced in the Dragon Nest website beforehand, notifying all players regarding this move. I frequently check the site and there's nothing there related to what was stated in the email.

This does not only apply to Dragon Nest and Cherry Credits but to all game companies as well. Please keep this in mind, everyone.

Be smart enough to know how to distinguish a fake from a real one. Protect your online accounts. Never give your account details to anyone.


post signature
Dish Network Internet High speed internet for all your online gaming needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment